Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thing #15 2.0 Library

I think our libraries need to take advantage of the technology available, but after watching the video I need to vent. Personally I think the teens and young adults spend too much time on myspace, face book, text messaging ect. Where are there social interaction skills going? I was in Austin this past weekend.... we went to a happy hour off 6th street, almost every table was occupied with young adults with their laptops in front of them taking advantage of the wi-fi.
We were one the few tables that were engaged in face to face conversation. What has happened to eye contact and laughter? Sorry I guess I'm showing my age. I would hate to have actual children books go away. What happy memories I have of reading to my now grown son every night with a real book......not a laptop. Calling friends and family on the land line and hearing there friendly and loving voices!!!

Sorry I guess 3 Things in one day was a little overwelming. On to Thing 16.

1 comment:

VWB said...

you don't need to worry...wonderfully illustrated children's books will never go away! it becomes an issue of choice with information...with technology, everyone does not have to access info in the same way...that is the key.
we have to remember that with learning as well...with technology available we can offer learners choice...they don't all learn the same way and s we need to give them choice!